spaces and arguements..

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Fri Jun 1 14:07:25 EDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 01:02:14PM -0400, John wrote:
| Hi,
|
|     Am I mistaken or is there a way to invoke a method with arguements that
| are separated by spaces instead of in brackets?  Much like print x, y ?
| So if I had a method foo(x) can I call foo x ?

'print' is a statement, thus is doesn't use parenthesis.  If you put
them there, you are not calling a function, but rather (possibly)
adjusting order of operations while creating a sub expression.

When calling a function, the parenthesis tell the compiler that you
want to call it.  Function calls always need parens.  This is
consistency, not perl <wink>.

-D