QuickCam and python?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Sat Jun 2 13:12:50 EDT 2001

"akhar" <akhar at videotron.ca> writes:
> SANE in PIL? I haven't seen that mentionned on their web site? Does it do
> realtime or picture by picture?

It's definitely in there; I contributed the module originally.  I
don't understand your second question.  It takes single frames, but it
can do so pretty quickly; using the Polaroid DMC driver in SANE, a
Python server can readily take 20 frames per second, JPEG-encode them,
and pump them out via TCP/IP on a middling Pentium (450 MHz).  That's
not doing any very complicated processing on each frame, though.

--amk