redemo won't close on me

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Fri Jun 1 13:30:27 EDT 2001

Hi Gang,

I've experienced a problem with ActivePython 2.1 running on WindowsME <<gag me
with a spoon>> wherein it won't close the Python interpreter window when I run
"redemo.py" (which is a Tkinter app); the only thing I can do is pull the plug.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with this to pin it down as being an
ActivePython problem, a 2.1 problem, a Tkinter problem, a WindowsME problem
<<round up the usual suspects>> or a redemo.py problem, but I _have_ run
redemo.py successfully on other combinations of Python version, Python
distribution, and OS.

Has anybody else run into this problem?  What's the cure (besides switching
OS'es...)?

bill-gates'-fiendish-plan-not-to-put-usb-support-into-nt
   -snags-yet-another-poor-dumb-sucker-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com