Trouble downloading Python-2.0.1

Guido van Rossum guido at digicool.com
Sat Jun 23 14:18:33 EDT 2001

A follow-up:

- The SourceForge file was truncated.  SF appears to be experiencing
  serious difficulties at this point; I don't know if that had
  anything to do with it.  (Someone also stole the Windows files that
  Tim had uploaded the night before the release...)

- The python.org files were broken in a bizarre way: for some reason
  it was a gzipped gzipped tarball.  I must've done something like
  "tar czf - Python-2.0.1 | gzip >Python-2.0.1.tgz".

I've fixed the tgz file on python.org, updated the MD5 checksum, and
added a note to the top of the page explaining the confusion.

I'll upload the good tgz file to SF as soon as I can log in there.