statically linking the entire runtime (HPUX Python2.1)

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Fri Jun 15 21:54:06 EDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Carsten Gaebler wrote:

> I noticed that you can't build the curses module statically. The linker
> then complains about duplicate definitions of 'tputs' in libncurses and
> libtermcap. Is there a way to get around this?

Do you really need to link in libtermcap??  I had been under the
impression that libncurses contained all necessary functionality.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac at pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia