python as plugin language

Christoph e9525429 at fbma.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 26 03:28:13 EDT 2001

newbie warning ;-)

could someone please enlighten me! I want to embed python in my app
as a scripting language... I have succeeded in extending python via swig.
Not what I want, because main() has to come from my c-app.

Then i can embed python in a c program with things #include "Python.h"
and Py_Initialize(), etc. but that is still not what i want, because i have no
idea how I can call C-Funktions with this approach... clear what i mean?
I fear not...

>From my app I want to load a plugin (a python script) and from this script
I want to access functions of my app.

Some pointers would be _very_ welcome!!