Meta: PEP discussion (was Re: PEP 255: Simple Generators)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Jun 21 21:45:06 EDT 2001

I seem to remember an Icon generator function would use

    suspend val

to return val as the next value in the generator's sequence. The really nice
part was that there were two loping constructs, one of which was explicitly
used in a generative context, so you'd say (something like):

    i := every gen(x, y)

where gen() was a generator.

regards
 Steve