Simple question (launch a program)

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Thu Jun 28 15:47:10 EDT 2001

"MDK" <no at spam.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm on a Win2K platform.  I'm sure that this has been asked before but when
> I do a search on the internet I get back too many irrelevant hits because of
> the keywords.
>
> Anyways, how do I launch a program that is in a directory with long file
> names?

Put double-quotes around the name.  But frankly, running random
external command-line programs under Windows is a nightmare if (like
me) you want to make your program bullet-proof.  Different programs
have different ways of parsing their command-line.  Some attempted
workarounds just make things worse.  You're much safer using COM.