[Python-Dev] PEP 259: Omit printing newline after newline

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Wed Jun 13 14:44:35 EDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:29:05 +0200, "Alex Martelli"
<aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

>"David C. Ullrich" <ullrich at math.okstate.edu> wrote in message
>news:3b2768b5.1425762 at nntp.sprynet.com...
>> >I like orthogonality too.
>> So just out of curiosity: Roughly what do you
>> mean by "orthogonality" above?
>
>http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=orthogonal
>suggests (after several other meanings):
>
>"""
>orthogonal
>
>Mutually independent; [...]
>
>[Jargon File]
>
>(1994-12-21)
>
>Source: The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, © 1993-2001 Denis Howe
>"""

Right. More or less what I thought. (Straying even farther
off topic, the only<g> remaining question is why this reference
mentions the "Jargon File" but I can't find it in what seems
to be a recent version. Not an important question.)

>Alex

David C. Ullrich