PEP 259: Revise to remove context-driven magic from print

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Jun 14 18:46:52 EDT 2001

David LeBlanc <whisper at oz.nospamnet> wrote:

[effbot negative response]

> <rant>I don't see why you consider this a joke, nor do I see the
> ignorance and arrogance which you seem to. I think it's kind of
> unfortunate that an influential person in the python world, such as
> yourself, would swat down someone's idea without even saying why! Quite a
> way to discourage people from having new ideas whether right or wrong.
> </rant>

Well, Fredrik did quote some relevant bits from the original proposal
that he considered arrogant.

It's just the way the effbot works; a Perl regex is sometimes clogging
up its neural net. See here for more information on the effbot:

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/python/moin.cgi/PythonRolePlayingGame

No offense to anyone; some additional consideration on all sides might've
helped, but then again everyone's inconsiderate at times, and a strong
reply isn't always awful. I wasn't nice to Guido a few posts back,
myself. Sorry Guido. :)

Regards,

Martijn