SNMP OIDs for Cisco 6509 & Cable Modems

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 17:01:56 EDT 2001

In article <sQNX6.35326$d26.303958 at news1.wwck1.ri.home.com>,
 "Wayd Wolf" <waydwolf at hot(spam)mail.com> wrote:

> >    I'm working with the PySNMP software, which doesn't yet handle MIB ->
> > OID conversion....
> >
> >    So I'm a little stuck, I'm having difficultly tracking down the
> > actual numeric OID's for a Cisco 6509 & Industry Standard Cable Modems.
> >
> >    Does anyone know how to generate the numeric OID's or where I can
> > look up the Numeric OID's?
> >

>     Yeesh. Hate to follow your cross-post like this, but I'll make it short
> and sweet.
>     Don't know why you're using the NMS you're using, but any SNMP browser
> which allows for import of ASN1 compliant MIBs should would with the MIBs
> from Cisco. As far as I know. I've imported dozens with some of the software
> I'm testing and they all worked. I'd open the MIB in a text editor first
> though to confim ASN1 notation.
> -Wayd Wolf

Well, all of the conferences, deal with SNMP, so it makes sense.... I
don't normally cross post.

The fact is, I am not using a Network Management Software (NMS), or a
SNMP browser.... I am using a SNMP toolkit.... Directly from a
programming language....  I'm working on a dedicated network
application...

For right now, I'm stuck with utilizing the NUMERIC OID's, which I can
not seem to find...

The MIB's from Cisco do *NOT* conform to the data that I'm seeing back
from the Cisco 6506....

      - Benjamin

BTW-> Since I can't tell what conference you posted to, I'm forced to
cross post again to ensure you can see this.  Feel free to reply to that
SINGLE conference you are in....