python performance

Burkhard Kloss bk at xk7.com
Thu Mar 1 08:34:51 EST 2001

Speed is always a tricky issue - in my experience it's fast enough, but
YMMV.  I would recommend that you write as much as possible in Python to get
it working, then profile it and either improve the algorithms or rewrite low
level routines in C.  Lots of people seem to use this approach for numerical
stuff, and if that combination is fast enough for numerics it ought to be
fast enough for anything else as well.

HTH - Burkhard