Open Source Organic Chemistry software project

mapMonkey jziniti at speakeasy.org
Tue Mar 6 08:21:05 EST 2001

Pythonistas,

I am encouraging my current employer to GPL at least some of
our code and I would like to see what kind of interest I can
generate from the Python community ( everyone's favorite
language ;).  The amount of interest is very likely to swing the
vote ...

The current code-base is geared to Organic Chemistry molecules
and the IUPAC nomenclature system and it works quite well.  It
was written entirely in Python, and entirely by me. My
goals are to re-engineer this code for added flexibility, and to
increase the scope of the model to include all (or most) of organic
chemistry (reactions, submolecular thingies, etc.).

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks for your time,

John Ziniti