[ANNOUNCE] pyAda, first public release

David Starner dvdeug at x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 1 12:58:45 EST 2001

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:21:11 +0000, John English <je at bton.ac.uk> wrote:
>Brad Clements wrote:
>>
>> Plugging in a "non-verifiable" script plug-in kinda defeats this purpose..
>> doesn't it?
>
>You're asking for a pure Ada implementation of Python, then.

What's the point of being theoritically verifiable if you can't actually
do it? If I'm not mistaken, Python is large enough to make verification
of even an Ada or SPARK version unfeasible.

In any case, I can't think of where you would have a verified system
that you would want to give the users the ability to execute arbitrary
code on. A Python script plug-in is nice for things like the Gimp, or
a spreadsheet, or a word-processor; stuff where the worst case scenario
is annoyance, not anything that would get verified.

David Starner - dstarner98 at aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and
laughs at me. In fact, I'd be rather honored." - Joseph_Greg