New PEP: The directive statement

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Tue Mar 20 19:06:59 EST 2001

There are however, two things against this PEP.

1. It allows for one incompatible language change (directive as keyword can
interfere with binding to name "directive" as the first line of a file).

2. It provides no method for retrieving version information about
transitional features.

(1) may in practice turn out to be a non-issue, but I think for people who
will actually be using this functionality, (2) will be vital.

Tim Delaney
Avaya Australia
+61 2 9352 9079

All recipient(s) of this email have permission to forward or reply to this
email, quoting this email in full or in part.