Python-related standards

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Mon Mar 19 11:00:03 EST 2001

It struck me today that it might be a good idea to create a series of
Python-related standard documents that would be a counterpart to PEPs.
We already have some documents that would fit into this series:

        * The DB-API.
        * The DO-SIG's CORBA mapping.
        * The SAX and DOM mappings.

One future topic might be standard interfaces for cryptographic
functions (hashes, block ciphers, &c.)  Other topics might be metadata
for Python packages (currently being done in PEP 241), or defining a
structured text format for docstrings.  IMHO such topics aren't really
suitable for a PEP, since they don't necessarily have anything to do
with the core interpreter or language.

What does everyone think?

--amk