Any documentation about Python daemons?

gradha at gradha at
Sat Mar 3 11:11:26 CET 2001

I would like to write now a program which acts as a server on the same
machine for other clients in a Linux environment, something in the spirit
of chronyd, if you know the program.

However, I am new both to Python and process' intercommunication. Could
you suggest me ways of doing this and/or point me to documentation
explaining such communication methods? I first thought about nice pipes,
but then I realized that the server program should be running always, not
being allowed to fork, and clients could mantain multiple communication
channels at the same time (ej: daemon + 2 clients). How could I do this?

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha at -
 Other web pages:  -