[VW] lesson browser (was Re: Collection interfaces)

Troy Brumley t*b*r*u*m*l*e*y at f*u*s*e.n*e*t
Mon Mar 26 07:53:43 EST 2001

in article o1jv6.9635$P4.789083 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net, topmind at
topmind at technologist.com wrote on 3/25/01 4:39 AM:

http://www.cincom.com:80/scripts/smalltalk.exe/gettingstarted/index.asp?cont
ent=trysmalltalknc

> It seems to be wacked out right now.

OK, we just converted the site and we're still shaking it down.

>> Pardon the word wrapping my news client does. There's no spaces in the
>> above.
>>
>> That should get you to a place where you can download the lesson browser
>> (thanks again to Mark Windholtz, great job!) and the tutorial (thanks to
> Jim
>> F. as well).
>>

> Lesson browser download?
>
> The last thing I need is yet more foriegn software on my PC making it crash
> more and confusing other DLL's.
>
> Please, HTML.

The lesson browser is a VisualWorks parcel that introduces new Smalltalkers
to both the environment and the language in a controlled browser in a
tutorial mode so that newbies don't have to wrestle with multiple browser
windows until they are ready to.

No DLLs, all Smalltalk.

>> ...site runs on
>> Microsoft ASP VSscript instead of Smalltalk?

The Smalltalk specific part of the site is Smalltalk powered.