Editing Python source as XML?

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Sat Mar 3 00:38:05 EST 2001

Neil H:

> Adam Logghe:
> > www.activestate.com has a project called "Komodo" which is
> written with a
> > combination of the Mozilla codebase and Python (my understanding is that
> > originally this was also to have a substantial portion written
> in Perl but
> > the developers could code so much faster in Python that Perl
> ended up as a
> > minor part).
>
>     It'd be excellent to hear from ActiveState about their use of Python
> versus Perl here. Just a company statement that "Perl sucks"
> would do fine.
> ;)

Sorry, Neil, no such luck. =)

I'll say this:

 1) I'm the tech lead for Komodo
 2) Python is my favorite language
 3) Mark Hammond works on Komodo
 4) Python is a great component language
 5) This is not an official ActiveState statement.

As for Perl, well, Perl has its uses too.  =)

I'll give the long version of this argument next week at IPC9, if anyone's
interested.  See some of you there!

--David Ascher

Vote for Your Favorite Python & Perl Programming
Accomplishments in the first Active Awards!
http://www.ActiveState.com/Awards