Einstein's Riddle

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Mar 13 04:25:11 EST 2001

[Gregory Jorgensen]
> So I'm stupid, is that it?

Hmm.  If you're convinced that assuming that someone owned a fish is an
unjustified leap of irrational faith, I'm not sure you should trust yourself
to read between the lines in real life either <wink>.

> Actually I did figure out that the German owned the fish. Furthermore
> I was able to determine that the fish is named Eric.

Indeed, not only that, but Eric is also the "Sweed" living in the white house
too.  The puzzle didn't say that the houses were distinct, or that each was
only of a single color, or that the people living in the houses weren't also
pets with respect to the other people <ahem>.

poor-eric-the-swedish-fish-owned-by-herman-the-german-ly y'rs  - tim