cursor.execute fails under mxODBC

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 13 23:18:28 EST 2001

[and I'm adding it back into the newsgroup comp.lang.python: Louis]
"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:
[CCed to the Python newsgroup, since I believe this is of general
 interest; hope you don't mind.]

> Thank you for forwarding the messages. I have had numerous questions
> about this problem and will look into it later this week (just came
> back from the Python conference and am still fighting the jet lag).
>
> One thing I've noted about the problem reports is that all seem
> to use ActiveState Python 2.0. There may be an issue here, since
> the mxODBC (alas the egenix-commercial) package was compiled against
> the BeOpen Python 2.0 version which is available from python.org.
>
> Could you perhaps check whether you experience the same problems
> using BeOpen Python 2.0 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc.

Marc

No, that did not work. Here it is under the BeOpen-Python-2.0  After the
cursor.execute(...) the Python shell hangs.

Louis
---begin output---
Python 2.0 (#8, Oct 16 2000, 17:27:58) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
IDLE 0.6 -- press F1 for help
>>> import mx.ODBC.Windows
>>> channel = mx.ODBC.Windows.Connect('sqltutor')

>>> cursor = channel.cursor()
>>> cursor.execute('select FirstName, LastName, Address, City, State FROM
EmployeeAddressTable')

---end output---
--
K Louis Luangkesorn
lluang at northwestern.edu  http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~kll560  PGP:0xF3E2D362

Whatsoever things are true, ... honest, ... just, ... pure, ... lovely, ... of
good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on
these things.
     - motto - Northwestern University (Phil 4:8)