BLT extensions with BeOpen Python 2.0

Norman Charnley norman at earth.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 09:46:51 EST 2001

Martyn Quick wrote:

> I've been trying to install the BLT extensions for Tk into my BeOpen
> distribution of Python 2.0.  However, it seems that the directory
> structure that the BLT distribution expects (see www.tcltk.com/blt) is
> different to that provided by the python distribution.

I had a similar problem (trying to see BLT from Pmw under Win98,
BeOpen2.0 Python), and a solution provided by Gordon Lightfoot fixed it
for me:

install the BLT 2.4 directory (with the pkgIndex.tcl file) into the
\Python20\tcl\tcl8.3 tree (so that the path to the pkgIndex.tcl looks
like
    \Python20\tcl\tcl8.3\blt2.4

Good Luck,

Norman

 Dr. Norman Charnley
 Department of Earth Sciences
 University of Oxford
 Oxford OX1 3PR, UK.

 Telephone:
 +44 1865 272053 (Office)
 +44 1865 272009/283741 (SEM/Electron Microprobe Labs)
 +44 1865 282131 (Microsims Ion Probe Lab.)

 Fax: +44 1865 272072