any interest in type-scoped static constants?

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Sun Mar 11 20:21:15 CET 2001

In article <3AABCA0E.CB3E2F4A at>,
Paul Miller  <paul at> wrote:
>> Python itself, the way I'd do this is to create a module Point that
>> contains the Point class, and following the class definition create the
>> ZERO object.  Then you refer to it as Point.ZERO and create new points
>> with Point.Point().
>You are right that I could do this. However, I'm talking about extension
>types. If I am embedding Python in an app, I may be providing several
>extension types, that provide access to my internal C++ classes.
>However, I do not want to make a module for each type.

Again talking in terms of what I'd do in Python, I'd handle this by
writing a package with internal modules.  I don't know if it's possible
to build virtual packages in extensions.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2001 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Perhaps God rewards martyrs, but life seldom does..." --Ulrika O'Brien