PythonLabs Team Moves to ActiveState

David Lees debl at NoNoSpammytheworld.com
Sat Mar 31 20:58:36 EST 2001

Could someone explain exactly what this means?  I read over PEP 228 and
am
wondering if this is what you are referring to below with respect to the
'Perl numerical model'?

I assume Python will still keep long integers, integers and complex.
All that will change is coersion to float on the division of integers?

Would it be possible to clarify this change?

Thanks,

David Lees

   "...Also, after some talks with Larry, I've decided to adopt the Perl
   numerical model for Python. The Perl model is simple, predictable and
   easy to explain. This is a small enough change that it does not need
   a PEP, and Moshe will implement it before 2.1rc1 is out."