Doug Fort dougfort at
Thu Mar 29 14:18:47 CEST 2001

Matias GUIJARRO wrote:

> - The server must be always listenning for new connections, so I call
> the
> asyncore.loop() method, but it seems to be "blocking" : the code after
> isn't
> executed. How can I make an "asyncronous" listenner ?

If your sockets are blocking, I suspect that you didn't use
asyncore.create_socket() to create them.  If so, try that.

You might want to  take a look at as well.  It doesn't seem to
be in the Python Library documentation, but it uses asyncore and handles a
lot of the dirty work.

You might also get some use out of asynchttp which uses asyncore and

Doug Fort (dougfort at
Senior Meat Manager
Downright Software LLC