Cameron Laird Quote on www.unixinsider.com -- Probably old news to y'all, but new to me.

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Wed Mar 14 13:24:10 EST 2001

I found this quote on www.unixinsider.com's main page when I went there
today:

"I think we are seeing an end to the emphasis on statically typed languages
like C++ and Java. As this decade progresses, I expect to see an ever
increasing use of dynamically typed languages, such as Python, Ruby, and
even Smalltalk. These languages are often referred to as 'scripting
languages;' I think this is a gross injustice. It is these languages, and
languages of their kind, that will be mainstream industrial languages in the
coming years. They are much easier to refactor and have virtually zero
compile time."
--Robert C. Martin, talking to Cameron Laird in the Interviews forum

---

I apologize for trotting it out again, if I am repeating something earlier
discussed, but I couldn't find any direct reference to it (my nntp server
sucks, only goes back 7 days).

All I'll add is: Well said, Cameron!

Warren Postma