Python2.0 rpm's don't have IDLE?

Martin Brown mjbjr at
Tue Mar 20 09:05:02 CET 2001

I've downloaded and installed the 3 Python2.0 rpm's retrieved:

I've checked the installation directories, but there doesn't seem to be a
copy of IDLE.  The web site says IDLE 0.6 is included in Python2.0.  Also,
as a separate package, apparently, only version 0.5 is available.

Suggestions on how to get version 0.6 of IDLE into my Python2.0
installation greatly appreciated.

                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -
                            - mjbjr at -
    PGP Public Key ID: 0xCED9BD8A  Key Server: