Test Your Web Apps - article at LinuxQuality

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Mon Mar 5 03:20:59 EST 2001

Tonight I posted:

Use Validators and Load Generators to Test Your Web Applications
http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/webapptesting/

The article promotes the idea that one should check the HTML
generated by a web application with a validator to ensure that
it conforms to W3C standards, and that you should use a load
generator to stress-test your server during development to
detect performance problems early.

Links to some load generators and validators are given, with
tips on using them.

I further suggest that if you generate XHTML documents rather
than HTML, you can take advantage of the many available
XML software packages to validate and process your documents.

Comments, criticisms, corrections and suggested additions are
appreciated.

The Linux Quality Database at http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/
has the dual purpose of promoting higher quality among Free
and Open Source software by publishing articles such as this,
and also the development of an easy-to-use but powerful bug
database to enable widespread public quality assurance of the
linux kernel.

You're welcome to contribute articles on the general topics
of quality assurance and better programming practice.  I'm also
looking for knowledgeable people who can help me design the schema
for the bug database.

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com