CGI XML-RPC (xmlrpccgi.py) demo?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Mar 29 08:23:57 EST 2001

Eugene Leitl wrote:
> I'm trying to wrap the coils of my puny little mind around XML-RPC,
> specifically Kalle Svensson's CGI XML-RPC server:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2001-March/000698.html
>
> (interesting enough, according to Google there seems to be also Jeff's
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/jjkunce/python/xmlrpccgi.tgz
>
> advertised as "A XML-RPC "server" that is accessed via a web server
> through CGI calls (as opposed to a long-running XML-RPC server that
> monitors a dedicated port).", which seems 1) entirely unrelated to 2) much
> smaller than Kalle's code 3) designed for Winders).
>
> To reiterate, I'm trying to be able to trap URI's looking like
>
> http://blah.net:666/cgi/boo.cgi?hiss=aargh#boom
>
> or parameters POSTed via HTML like
>
> <FORM TARGET="result">
> <INPUT TYPE=button VALUE="Start search now!" onClick="jsCopyFormData();return (0);">
> </FORM>
> <FORM name=submitform METHOD=post TARGET="result" ACTION="">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="smi"     VALUE="">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="jme"     VALUE="">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="stype"   VALUE="">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="sstype"  VALUE="">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="checkin" VALUE="$cwkey">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="usr" VALUE="$user">
> </FORM>

sorry, it looks like I misread your original question -- I thought
you were looking for a way to pass arguments (i.e. do RPC calls)
to a server process via HTTP and CGI, not that you had to use
a certain syntax.

under XML-RPC, you send XML-RPC requests, not FORMs.  see
http://www.xmlrpc.com for more info.

Cheers /F