Python In A Nutshell - Numpy essential

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 12 09:49:48 EST 2001

I have to second that Numeric Python belongs in the ESSENTIAL column.  For me,
the fact that Python can replace Matlab was the reason I started using Python.
And when my university discontinued its campus-wide license, and every
installation of Matlab must be paid for, that it is an open-source replacement
for Matlab makes it uniquely valuable (Octave was too slow).

Louis

--
K Louis Luangkesorn
lluang at northwestern.edu  http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~kll560  PGP:0xF3E2D362