learning python...

Daniel Klein danielk at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 22 00:00:56 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:05:03 -0800, Timothy Grant <tjg at exceptionalminds.com>
wrote:

>> additional advanced concepts. From there, I would recommend "Programming
>> Python 2nd Ed." as well as the indispensible "Python Essential Reference"
>> (altho I think a new edition is in the works so you might want to wait for
>> that).
>
>I'm am searching for a review of PP2nd. Is it a significantly
>different book from PP1st?

PP2nd is BIG book with a lot of information.  Personnally I think it's too new
for anyone to have read (and absorbed) the entire book enough to review it
fairly. However, I have already used several examples from the book in my own
code and I am pleased so far.

>Also. I'd love to see a new version of Beazley's book. I know
>that Ivan isn't reading this list at the moment, but I found
>the colophon of PER to be a fascinating and enjoyable bit of
>reading. Hope he gets to do something in the update too.

I understand that one will be published in June.

Dan