Using a jar with jython

Simon Brunning sbrunning at
Wed Mar 7 13:36:52 CET 2001

accattatevillo <^NOSPAM^ifi at> wrote in message
<3AA6115E.7B2ACDEE at>...
>I'm trying to convert a java application to jython.
>I use the IBM java toolbox JT400.jar to access data on a AS/400 bat
>not able to do the same thing with jython.
>With java I added jt400.jar to the CLASSPATH but in jython???
>Anyone could help me?

Works for me:

Jython 2.0 on java1.1.8 (JIT: symcjit)
>>> import
>>> my400 =
>>> my400.getVersion()

What are the problems that you are having? Error messages?

BTW, I'm cross-posting this the Jython on AS/400 mailing list. If
you are using Jython to access an AS/400, you might want to join -
see <>.

Simon Brunning
sbrunning at
On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -
Charles Babbage