Urgent Question about Python licensing

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Sat Mar 10 04:10:34 EST 2001

> 2. Is it currently so, or will Python end up with, some license that
> requires that python scripts be covered by the GPL?

That would be when Python starts shipping under something like a GPL+. And
the day that happens I for one will drop Python like a bad habbit. I would
prefer a BSD or BSD style license. But im sure im out-voted on that.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
GNU = Gnu's Non-portable & Unstable
irc.openprojects.net #FreeBSD -Join the revolution!
ICQ: 20016186