[ Cry for help ] Please bugtest my full-text indexer

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sat Mar 10 17:24:14 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:11:57 +0100, Thomas Weholt <thomas at cintra.no> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Just finished my own full-text indexer which is easy to use and seem to be
>quite fast. BUT, when tested against a lot of data, my archive of RFCs, the
>thing croaked after inserting approx. 500.000 keys ( size of data stored was
>~40 MB ), giving me an error-message from the bsddb-module, (0,'error').

I just ran this under my system and it worked quite fine. After some more
than 3.000.000 keys, I aborted the program.

I used Python 2.0 on SuSE 7.1, the bsd module used has version db-3.1.17. So
maybe it's just that you have a buggy version of BSDdb?

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de
web:    http://highqualdev.com