Private class and instance methods?

Erik Max Francis max at
Sun Mar 11 03:22:14 CET 2001

Mark Pilgrim wrote:

> There is a better way to do this in Python, using the __getattr__ and
> __setattr__ special methods.

Ah, good point.  That didn't occur to me right away.  Thanks to you and
Paul Foley in private email for the suggestion.  (Note that I didn't
actually _plan_ on using private methods and accessor methods, I was
just thinking about the Python analogue.)

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.
\__/ Samuel Johnson
    Interstelen /
 A multiplayer, strategic, turn-based Web game on an interstellar scale.