Python and ADO

Geoff Talvola gtalvola at nameconnector.com
Thu Mar 15 16:14:31 EST 2001

Syver Enstad wrote:

> Has anyone considered making a DB API compliant wrapper around MS ADO? Or
> isn't this considered worthwhile?
>
> As ADO is the database api that I use, I could have a look at making a
> wrapper for it if there was any interest in it and if making such a thing is
> not too involved.

Michel Orengo already wrote a preliminary version of a DB-API wrapper for ADO but I don't think he ever finished it.  I have a copy of it, but I have never actually tried it.  If you can't find it in the newsgroup archives, drop me an email and I'll send you a copy.

And I do think this would be quite useful...

--

- Geoff Talvola
  Parlance Corporation