relational/boolean operator overloading

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Fri Mar 16 12:51:47 EST 2001

Hi all,
        I'm trying to use a subset of Python for querying an object
database, so that I would like to use a relational operator between a set
and a const value; this would yield another set. Multiple relations would be
connected by boolean operators with a meaning of set operators and so on.
This approach would enable a straight variable binding.
However there seems no way to redefine such operators, only numeric binary
operators are mentioned in the ref. manual.
Any trick/suggestion/comment ?
Thanks,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it