[OT - JOB AD] Python / XML / Distributed Systems Developer

Frank Stolze frank at quantiva.com
Thu Mar 1 17:02:28 EST 2001

Sorry for the off-topic post. We are a well-funded, stealth mode startup in the
network service management field. We are building a novel, distributed system
and service that involves Internet protocol implementations (HTTP, SMTP, POP3,
DNS, ping, etc.), statistical analysis, some AI, database storage and
reporting,
as well as issues such as routing, load balancing, fail-over, firewalls, etc.

Almost all of the implementation is being done in Python. We also use XML,
XML-RPC, HTTP tunneling and a few new things. We are looking for two
enthusiastic Python & networking gurus to join a small team of hands-on
people to help us implement a great vision!

The "official" job description is below.

Regards,
Frank

===============
Company Profile:

We're onto something really big in network service management.  We have
VC backing and a clear view of the future.  Our stealth situation hides our
long history in this area and lets us focus on the goal.  Join the team of
innovative, visionary, enthusiastic, and passionate people that will shape
our future.  Share the opportunity to work with industry leading experts on
the design and creation of a next generation system.

Quantiva is looking for people who can quickly grasp new concepts,
develop new, original solutions to existing problems, and in general can
"hit the ground running."

Quantiva is located in Princeton, New Jersey.

Please send resumes to techjobs at quantiva.com.

Job Description:

The Network Software Engineer will contribute to the design and development
Quantiva's network service management software. This position will involve
active participation in the design, architecture, and implementation of the
product.

Requirements:
·       Strong software development skills in a Unix environment.
·       Strong network and distributed systems programming experience. Good
knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, POP3 and
concepts such as firewalls, routing required.
·       4+ years of hands-on experience with scripting languages such as
Perl, Python or Tcl. Python proficiency is required.
·       Applications programming experience in object-oriented languages
such as C++ or Java.
·       DBMS experience including database schemas, SQL, and database
programming.
·       Solid Unix experience (Solaris preferred) in a commercial environment.
·       XML experience is a plus.
·       BS/MS/PhD in CS, EE, CE or related field.