Performance when working directory is slow network drive

Sean Reifschneider jafo at
Thu Mar 1 06:51:23 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 02:45:25PM +1300, Mark Hadfield wrote:
>If the working directory is on one of my hard drives the elapsed times is
>approx 0.1 seconds; if I then to a slow network drive (a Samba share to a
>Unix machine that mounts another machine's disks via NFS!) it takes 2

Have you tried removing the current directory from sys.path?  That'd be
the one that's empty.

 -rw-rw-rw-:  File permissions of the beast.  (Chuck Phillips)
 mknod /dev/beast c 6 66
Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo at> - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python