Can anyone recomend a good intoduction to C...

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Sun Mar 11 17:51:44 EST 2001

In article <3AAA85C1.81FB90AA at shore.net>, "Kurt B. Kaiser"
<kbk at shore.net> writes:

| Alex Martelli wrote:
|| Your opinion is widespread, and self-perpetuating, but it has no
|| current technical basis for such tasks as Python extensions on Linux.
| My understanding is that the C++ compiler for Linux is still
| considered to be unstable and that that is a significant technical
| factor for sticking with C?

i suspect g++ as good as most proprietary compilers. but since
c++ is so complex and big, and the standard was only recently completed,
there are inevitably much more bugs and other "compiler issues" with
c++ than c. unix people need to worry about about the portability
of their software between different flavours of unix and different
c++ compilers, so these problems are aplified compared to people
working exclusively on m$ or macos. see for example
<URL:http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/portable-cpp.html>.

  -- erno