installing 2.x over the top of 1.5.2

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Sat Mar 17 15:39:50 EST 2001

This problem has been bothering me for a while.

Python v1.5.2 is installed by default on RH6.2 boxes.

My problem is that upgrading an RH6.2 box by using the 2.x rpms
now means that there are two versions of Python installed on my
box, and any extra modules I have installed have to be copied
to the new location for v2.x. I then need to uninstall the
v1.5.2 rpms.

I'm sure someone somewhere has come up with a clean way of
upgrading Python. As with all thing Pythonic, there must be an
easier way.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.         <><       (503) 246-3630