email address verification

Holland King insanc at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 23 08:44:08 EST 2001

Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:
: The classic way would be to send it mail containing a link, which begins:
: "To remove yourself from this mailing list, all you have to do is click
: here". Naturally the URL clicked on adds the relevant email address to at
: least several hundred salable lists, including "gullible individuals who
: believe what they read in their inbox".

: do-i-seem-a-bit-cynical-today-or-what?-ly y'rs  - steve

despite the way it sounds i am not trying to set up a mass mailer program
or trying to spam people. i am trying to set my departments system so
that when an account expires it will parse the .forward file and use
addresses in there to make an alias. however, we don't like the idea of
sending mail to a list or to a non-existant address for obvious reason
(especially consider how large we are).

--
---
Joseph Holland King  | "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our