Pythonwin default directory init

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at
Sun Mar 11 21:46:49 CET 2001

Edit the shortcut (right-click, choose properties) so that "start in" (in
shortcut properties, second tab in the dialogue) points to your desired

-----Original Message-----
From: costas at [mailto:costas at]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 11:58 PM
To: python-list at
Subject: Pythonwin default directory init

I use Pythonwin and I would like it if the File/Open or File/Save
would default to a directory of my choice when I start it up.

I have tried making a startup module to set the paths of sys but that
doesn't seem to work. I have looked thru the .py files trying to
figure out where I could fix this and can't find it.

Also setting it up as a shortcut on the Desktop defaults to the

Does anyone know how to do this?