Changing every other instance of <B> in a file

Jonathan Soons jsoons at
Tue Mar 27 16:49:39 CEST 2001

This seems to fail for tags that do not have a closing tag, which occurs
frequently in non-automated HTML.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Klæboe [mailto:larskl at]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 9:28 AM
To: python-list at
Subject: Re: Changing every other instance of <B> in a file

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 05:56:26 -0800, "Emile van Sebille" <emile at>
>Here's one way (although I'm interested to see how re might do this):

[--- interresting code ---]

This is another (fancier ;)) implementation of the solution I've
been working on, but I still refuse to believe that the script has
to be this elaborate/big. *twisting my tired gray matter*

I guess re would do the trick (at least if combined with a simple
loop, I'll look into it when I'm really awake.

Thanks for your input !

Lars Klæboe