Splitting comp.lang.python

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Fri Mar 2 09:58:07 EST 2001

On 02-Mar-2001 Nick Jacobs wrote:
 >  But comp.lang.python gets more traffic than it used to. The case for
 >  splitting it is stronger than it was.  IMHO it is almost inevitable that
 >  at some point in the not-very-distant future, it will be split. The
 >  meaningful debate is about when and how, not about whether.

The last time I remember discussing this was about a year ago. At that
particular time there was approximately 1000 postings a week, exacly as
it is today. Then the rate has gone down and up again. I'm not totally
against a split, but we did not split the group then, and will probably
not do that now either. I say: Come back when the rate has really gone
up. Then maybe you have a case.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael