New PEP: The directive statement

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Mar 20 16:10:54 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis wrote:
> That is also why the PEP 236 proposal (__future__ imports) finds that
> much resistance it uses an action statement to declare things.

except that "import" already is a declaration statement, of course.

> P.S. If "directive transitional nested_scopes" is approved

well, adding new, ugly, and utterly non-pythonic syntax for a one-
shot workaround strikes me as a really bad thing.  if I want Tcl
(random interpretation of barewords) or applescript (lame attemts
to make things look like english), I know where to find it.

Cheers /F