Problems with 2.0 cgi scripts

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 19 20:08:39 EST 2001

On 19 Mar 2001 06:57:37 -0800, aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <9956p1$8g0$1 at panix3.panix.com>:

:In article <fs9bbtg68qne71t853lp89l44uarbb5jk5 at 4ax.com>,
:Sheila King  <sheila at spamcop.net> wrote:
:>
:>So, basically, it cannot find the modules when I run it as a cgi-script. I
:>have all the paths set correctly, and the permissions set correctly. Grr, I'm
:>frustrated with this one by now...
:
:You can't set the path because you don't own the web server.  Simplest
:solution is to set sys.path yourself as the first line of the script.

Thanks, that was one solution.

However, the other solution was for me to re-install Python with the correct
exec_prefix option. (I had not done that correctly.)

Now I've fixed everything, and it's running smoothly. Thanks to D-Man, Michael
Reilly, and other regulars on the Python Tutor list!

More details here:
http://www.aota.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001564-1.html

--
Sheila King