Linux GPS program

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at abnoba.intevation.de
Tue Mar 27 08:14:51 EST 2001

[Posted and mailed]

Hi Russell,

will pygps be Free Software? I could not find anything about a
license in the cvs.

If it was I will be happy to add it to the www.freegis.org
link collection.

	Bernhard

In article <3AC01637.4EF3A6F2 at crynwr.com>,
	Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> writes:
> Hi.  I have written a GPS program in Python for Linux.  I'm sure that
> someone
> could port it to run under Windows, but I have no interest in doing so.
> I haven't
> done a real release of the software yet, since it's still under heavy
> development.
> But you're welcome to download a copy from handhelds.org's CVS.  The
> location is "apps/pygps".  For info on handhelds.org's CVS:
> http://www.handhelds.org/sources.html
>
> Right now, it does moving maps (UTM bitmaps), track recording, and
> playback.
> Will select the "best" of multiple maps.

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)