Collection interfaces

Greg Ewing greg at
Fri Mar 2 01:55:47 CET 2001

Topmind wrote:
> There is no polymorphism if there is
> only one "type" with a bunch of independant attributes -
> HAS-A reigns and sub-IS-A is rare.

Polymorphism is not inherently dependent on any
kind of inheritance or classification system.
In Python, for instance, most functions are quite
promiscuous and will happily operate on any
objects which have the right methods, without there
having to be any inheritance relationship between

Christchurch, New Zealand