How to broadcast socket

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at usa.net
Sun Mar 4 09:46:51 EST 2001

So, *exactly* what *does* it do?  Throw an exception?  Appear to work but
not send a packet?  How do you know if it sent or not (i.e. are you testing
with
another application or did you actually use a packet sniffer?)

If you are testing with an application and the application shows no sign of
receiving the packet, get a packet sniffer and see if anything is actually
being sent.  I use Ethereal (don't remember the URL but look on
freshmeat.net)
but I believe there are many others.